VITAL (Scholarship Program For Respiratory Therapist Students) is inspired by its namesake and the sense of vitality and excitement that therapy students and new graduates bring to Ensign-affiliated facilities and in-house therapy programs. Just as breathing is vital to life, our new graduate therapists are vital to our organization. With this scholarship program, we are deliberately seeking out those individuals who possess a sincere desire for excellence in themselves, their patients, their colleagues and co-workers in this vital profession.
- $1,000 will be awarded to one student each quarter.
- The criteria will include demonstrated academic performance, volunteer and other extra-curricular activities pertaining to healthcare, academic and character references, and how well the essay portion of the application demonstrates individual excellence.
- Each scholarship will be awarded to a Respiratory Therapy student currently enrolled in an accredited therapy program and within 12 months of graduation.
- The scholarship funds will be disbursed to the selected student within one month of the application deadline.
- The Application must be completed prior to each quarterly deadline.
The Application (below) must be completed prior to each quarterly deadline.
Q1 – March 20
Q2 – June 20
Q3 – September 20
Q4 – December 20
The Essay must be submitted as part of the application and will be less than 2500 words addressing the following:
How do you envision using your education and training to be vital in the lives of your patients?
Essay theme examples:
- How will your passion for learning contribute to your patient’s well-being?
- How will you be accountable as a respiratory therapy professional?
- If you had freedom from corporate limitations in healthcare, what would you create for your patients?
- How would you incorporate evidence based practice into your daily routine?
"*" indicates required fields